Spring Into Parkdale Sidewalk Festival – Saturday May 12
We’re looking forward to the annual Spring Into Parkdale Spring Festival along Queen Street West from 11am – 6pm on Saturday March 12th , hosted by the Parkdale BIA.
This is a great festival and this year includes the following:
The Kids Zone: A free outdoor family play area featuring free crafts, face painting & so much more:
- Smash!: Grab a tennis racket and check out The Boulevard Club inflatable ‘Smash Zone’
- Say Cheese!: Grab a silly prop and let photographer Becca Gilgan snap a photo portrait of your family.
- Mobile Skate park: Learn to skateboard or scooter at the Evolve mobile skate park, with equipment and instructors available on site!
- DJ Fluffy Soufflé: Unabashed, unapologetic, and loads of fun, Miss Fluffy Soufflé will keep the whole family entertained!
- Pirate Life: Join the crew and search for treasure! The pirates have sailed into Toronto and need your help to solve the riddles. Climb aboard and partake in the adventure!
- Chalk in up! Leave your mark with Parkdale-based visual artist Bareket Kezwer as she invites you to share what makes you happy in her interactive chalk installation.
Foodora Night Market (4pm-10pm): This year’s food market features more scrumptious food from glorious doughnuts and Filipino BBQ to Tibetan & Japanese cuisine, with patio seating, and tunes by DJ Sparkdale! Entry to the market is free, each purchaser receives a $10 Foodora coupon. Food is purchased from individual vendors.
The Cycling Zone: Visit the Cycling Zone to get a free bike tune up and learn more about local cycling advocacy groups and projects.
The Community Zone: A road closure at Cowan Ave featuring local groups and agencies doing incredible work within the Parkdale Community – come & support a cause, spin to win, donate or learn more about getting involved.
Music to our Ears: Enjoy a mix of musical genres from Jazz to folk, there’s something for every music lover!
The Zero Waste Fair: Featuring repair, re-use, recyclers, DIY interactive activity stations, workshops, waste/eco educators/activists, and an interactive plastic litter/waste art installation.
The Little Tibet Market: This market invites you to kick off the celebration with a “Sangsol” opening ceremony and enjoy Tibetan arts and crafts, vendors, music, poetry, a fashion show & more.
Love Lettering Project: A community art project that asks people to write anonymous love letters to the places they live, then hang these love notes for strangers to find, spreading the Parkdale Love!
Parkdale Flea Market: Browse this special Spring Festival edition of the Parkdale Flea Market, bringing together some of the best and most unique products from Antiques, Vintage, Collectables, Local Artisans and Designers.
Toronto Designers Market Patio Pop up: Featuring over 30 designers ranging from furniture and household items to clothing and jewellery, come and explore the indoor & outdoor Patio Market!
Sidewalk Sale: Browse dozens of local deals, vendors, artisans along Queen West from Roncesvalles to Dufferin. Visit local shops as they offer deals inside and out as well as giveaways or special attractions and entertainment.
For more information, visit the Parkdale BIA’s website.