Community Environment Day this Saturday at Dufferin Mall
The Ward 18 Community Environment Day is being held this Saturday (June 23) from 10am – 2pm in the Dufferin Mall Parking lot.
Here’s a list of what you can drop off, or pick up:
Drop off for recycling or proper disposal
Donate items to local schools for reuse
- Yarn, knitting needles, sewing notions, buttons and keys
- Children’s books, musical instruments
- CD’s, CD cases, 35 mm cameras
- Costume jewellery including broken, old watches
- Arts and crafts supplies: pencils, crayons, markers
- Corks, cork boards, clipboards
- Dress up clothing: costumes, prom dresses, uniforms
Donate items for reuse
Please keep these separate from other items.
- Sporting goods (e.g., skates, hockey equipment, bikes, rackets, etc.)
- Books (excluding school/university curriculum books)
- Eyeglasses, walking aids, hearing aids, etc.
- Small household items (e.g., dishes, ornaments, kitchen utensils, artistic drawings, games, etc.)
- Textiles in good condition (e.g. clothing, linens, etc.)
- Non-perishable foods will be donated to a food bank
Pick up for free
- Compost (limit of one cubic metre per household)
- Kitchen Container ($5 each)